35 weeks (8 months) of training,
with 4 weeks of breaks and 4 months of optional job assistance program
Click here to find out more about our Cannabis Quality Control and Quality Assurance Diploma Program
Admission Requirements: Mature students can also apply for this program. Domestic and International students are welcome to apply at NACPT Pharma College.
The Industrial Cannabis Production Technology program is effectively designed to meet the program outcomes of equipping students with the appropriate level and knowledge to enter a position at a cannabis commercial production facility in Canada. Students who complete the program will understand how the regulatory framework in the Canadian cannabis industry applies to commercial production and students will be able to operate successfully at a cannabis production facility as well as in other careers where knowledge of cannabis commercial production is required.
The program has laboratory training, workshop and field work with local LPs (licensed producers), allowing for sufficient combined hours and variety in the program delivery. The practical time spent at the laboratory, workshops, field work and field trips to Cannabis companies will allow students to gain real life experience in the cannabis industry and support the in-class theoretical knowledge obtained through the course materials. The program delivery is appropriate for the target audience to meet the intended program objectives.
The program contains key core courses on topics within the scope of the Cannabis regulation act to ensure regulatory compliance. Specific key core courses of the program include the Cannabis Regulations, Chemistry, Commercial Production Mechanisms, Facility Design, Security, Sanitation Program, Good Production Practices, Supply Chain, and Commercial Process Qualifications.
Industrial Cannabis Production Technology diploma program will also provide training on the complex regulatory framework that governs the industry in Canada. “The education and training in the booming cannabis industry is essential to anyone who wants to start a business or develop an interesting career in an industry which will not be easily saturated for another century,” said NACPT Pharma College president Rathi Param. “The newly created jobs in cannabis space are in high demand and there are shortages of skilled workforce in the industry. Licensed producers are struggling to find skilled workers to fulfill their hiring needs.”
Students in the Industrial Cannabis Production Technology and Cannabis Quality Control and Quality Assurance programs will also benefit from these strong connections between NACPT Pharma College and industry leading licensed producers of cannabis. Since announcing the program, the College has formed partnerships with several industry leading licensed producers such as Canabox Inc., Canadian Hemp Farmers Alliance, Green Amber Canada and many more – partnerships that have opened doors for internships and work placement opportunities for students.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Design and establish effective cannabis facility for production
- Produce quality product as per the regulatory standards and requirements
- Comply with current production technology
- Apply best cultivation and processing techniques
- Control diseases in effective manner
- Controls pests as per regulatory standards
- Establish effective cannabis program
- Develop current cannabis good production practice procedure
- Test products as per the regulatory standards
- Establish supply chain market trends
- Develop appropriate process qualification methods for production
- Identify the biological production methods in current commercial production
- Establish quality management systems within companies for better performance
- Start career in cannabis related industries: edibles, cosmetic, medical device, neutraceutical, bio-technology and others
Cannabis Jobs Opportunities in Canada:
- Senior Person In Charge (SPIC)
- Responsibility Persons In Charge (RPIC)
- Quality Person in Charge (QPIC)
- Quality Assurance Person (QAP)
- Policy Makers/HR Associates
- Head of Security
- Process Engineers/Scientists
- Product Developers
- Clinical Research Associates
- Technical Writers
- Cannabis Master Production Growers
- Cannabis Extractors
- Sales And Marketing Associates
- Cannabis Consultants/Educators
- Validation Specialists